Article V: Officers
Section 1: The officers of the chapter shall be president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer, and historian. All officers are responsible for:
- attending all National Honor Society meetings,
- attending all officer meetings,
- attending the induction ceremony,
- helping organize all NHS activities,
- making contacts with community members concerning service projects,
- reviewing submitted service project forms,
- and being available to help with special projects and activities which may arise.
Section 2: A majority of votes cast shall be necessary to elect any officer of the chapter.
Section 3: Members who were inducted their junior year and remain in good standing are eligible for any office. An application for office must be submitted by the announced due date to be eligible.
Section 4: It shall be the duty of the president to preside at the meetings of the chapter. The president is also responsible for announcements to be submitted to the advisor for approval.
Section 5: The vice-president shall fill the chair of the president in his/her absence. The vice-president maintains attendance records, including tardies.
Section 6: The chapter secretary shall keep the minutes of meetings and a record of all business on file.
Section 7: The chapter treasurer shall receive all funds of the chapter and shall keep an accurate account of receipts and disbursements in accordance with school regulations.
Section 8: The historian shall serve as chairperson of the Tuloso-Midway High School Chapter of the National Honor Society scrapbook committee and organize the pictures and memorabilia from NHS events necessary to maintain the official digital album of the Tuloso-Midway High School Chapter of the National Honor Society.
- As an officer, you need to plan on attending both the officer meeting (once a month, one week prior to club meeting) and the club meeting.
- All officers conduct the induction ceremony.
- All officers must be flexible as many times I ask them to do things spur of the moment.
- All officers will also chair a committee.
- President will speak at the NJHS induction ceremony for the Middle School.