Appeal Process for Non-Selection
Tuloso Midway High School Chapter
National Honor Society
According to the Official NHS Constitution provided to each district chapter, the Faculty Council, in compliance with the rules and regulations of the National Honor Society, shall determine the procedure for denial of admittance from NHS.
The follow procedure has been agreed upon by the Faculty Council for an appeal process following denial into the organization:
- Within five (5) school days of a denial of admittance notification, via written notification or documented telephone conversation, a parent of a member or an actual member may request an appeal.
- The request may be a written request or given during a documented phone conversation.
- Once a request has been received by the advisor, the advisor will immediately notify the principal and the Faculty Council that an appeal has been made. A hearing will be scheduled. The member may request to be present during the hearing or may simply request that materials or written statements be reviewed.
- During the appeal hearing, the Faculty Council will review all necessary documents, hear testimony if warranted, and ask questions if warranted. All information gathered during this hearing will be reviewed carefully before final decision is delivered to principal. For purposes of dismissal, a majority vote of the Faculty Council is required. The advisor does not vote.
- Once an appeal decision has been obtained, members will be notified either in writing or via documented telephone conversation as per member/parent request. Members and parents will be notified in a timely manner.
- Appeal decisions of the Faculty Council are final.
Updated and Adopted for 2011-2012 School Year